STOLEN COIN INVENTORY AFTER THE P.A.N. COIN SHOW IN MONROEVILLE, PA SATURDAY EVENING 10/28/17 - KING
Author: Doug Bowers - Wednesday November 01, 2017
1. A milk crate containing sections of a tabletop display that locked into a metal base like the|
auto parts dealers used to look up parts several years ago. The thieves left the base but took
the sections containing the coins. The sections were stocked with 1 ½ X 1 ½ and 2 X 2 staple
type coin holders with the vast majority having 4 staples each and coded in the lower left
corner using a combination of the following letters A-e- f-i- k-m- p-r- t-x- z. On rare occasions other
letters were used as well but on 99% of the stock these letters were use. The vinyl pages
contained lower grade 1857-58 Flying Eagle, Indians, Lincoln cents; V nickels, Buffalo and
Jefferson nickels through 2017S. Mercury Dimes and Roosevelt dime through 2017S;
Washington Quarters 1932-98D, Parks Quarters through 2016S with proofs; Kennedy Halves
1964-2017S including proofs; Susan B. Anthony dollars 1979 through 1999D; Sacagawea Native
American dollars 2000 through 2017S and Presidential dollars 1999-2016 including proofs.
2. A box of silver proof sets 2008 -2016.
3. Box of Presidential proof dollar sets. Note on the proof sets. Most of our proof sets are put
into a plastic bag and taped shut so watch for any quantity of these that may show up.
4. A black jewelry box containing wheat cents, some clad halves and an envelope containing red
seal two dollar bills.
5. 2 long double row 2 X 2 boxes of Canadian cents through dollars many of them silver.
6. 2 long double row 2 X 2 boxes of carded Parks quarter P & D sets
7. A long double row 2 X 2 boxes containing carded State quarters.
8. 1 brief case containing Silver proof sets 1957-59- 2011-2013- 2014 and 2 2012 Silver sets; a
roll containing 19pc. 2017 Silver eagles; a roll containing 67 Barber dimes and a roll of 13 WLH.
9. 2 short 2 ½ X 2 ½ black boxes of Uncirculated and proof Silver eagles in 2 ½ X 2 ½ Flips, 1986-
10. A brief case containing 6 double row 1 ½ X 1 ½ red boxes of back up stock as follows.
A box of cents 1909-1926; another 1927-1955; another 1956-2007S. A black box of Mint State
Jefferson Nickels, A red box of Circulate and BU Roosevelt dimes. A box of Mint state and Proof
dimes 1965 to 2017S Silver and a box containing Standing Liberty Quarters and Mint State Silver
11. A black brief case containing Circulated, MS and Proof Jefferson Nickels
12. A Grey Brief case having written on the outside “fire” containing Stapled 2 X 2 Washington
Quarters 1932-1998S including proofs, Barber Halves, Walking Liberty Halves and AU-BU 1948-
1963D Franklin Halves most in 2 X 2 plastic flips.
13. 2011 25 th anniversary Silver Eagle sets (5 Pc I think)
14. 2012 2 Pc American Eagle set
15. 2013W 2 piece American Eagle set
16. Lincoln Chronicles Set, 1990 Eisenhower Commemorative dollar and 1990 Prestige set
17. We had 3 old black cases made for trays, each one holding 8 trays each. The trays are blue
and are made for 1 ½ X 1 ½ and red and blue made for the 2 X 2’s. the trays contained almost a
complete set of Flying Eagle 1857-1858 Cents, Indian cents 1859-1908S (no 1877 or 1909S),
Lincolns 1909-1955 with no 1909S, SVDB, 22P or 31S, All of the 1935 -55 are Mint state and in 1
1/2 vinyl flips. V Nickels from 1883-1912D, Buffalo from 1913-1937D with no 3 leg or 1913Type
2 S or D, some of the later dates were Mint State marked BU as most of my Mint state stuff (old
School). The Jefferson Nickels were in Vinyl 1 ½ Flips and are all BU (MS) included were a 1939
Doubled Monticello and 1943/2. Barber Dimes 1892-1916S, Mercury Dimes 1916-1945 Micro S
in VG or better and a complete set of 1946-1964D BU many double stacked in the tray. Barber
Quarters 1892-1916, Standing Liberty Quarters 1917T1-1930S and Washington Quarters 1934-
1955 Mint State. (No 1932D or S). Barber halves, Walking Liberty halves and AU-BU Franklins
with most dates included. There was a Blue 1 ½ X 1 ½ tray cut in two and had in it some better
stuff like 1908 S Indians, 1909S Lincolns, 1914D Lincolns and 6 1931S Lincoln cents, 1886 nickel,
1921D dime in F, A couple of better date barber dimes and V Nickels. A second smaller black
tray had Seated quarters, twenty cent pieces, 5 1932 D & S, 2 of the 1916 S WLH in VG &Fine,
1916PD in G and Vg, 1918 S VF with initials scratched lightly in the obverse field. 1919PDS, 2
1920 P in F, 1933S in AU50 and a couple of older Common Commemoratives (BTW)
(Colombian) (Californian) (WC).
18. All of my Slabs were stolen and I have the numbers of some of them listed below.
ANACS #5284828 1801 LG CENT
ANACS #5284829 1802 LG CENT
ANACS # 5284830 1803 LG CENT
ANACS #5284831 1805 LG CENT
ANACS #5284832 1909S INDIAN CENT VF 20
ANACS #5284834 1931S LINCOLN MS63
ANACS #5284835 1909 S OVER HORIZONAL S
ANACS #5284837 1880 MORGAN $
ANACS #5284838 1895 O MORGAN $ VF25
ANACS #5284839 1924S PEACE $ MS61
ANACS #5284840 1841 LG CENT
ANACS #5284841 1857 FE CENT
ANACS #5284842 1798 LG CENT STYLE 2 HAIR
ANACS #5281789 1864 TWO CENT LG MOTTO AU58
ANACS #5281794 1938D MS64 BUFFALO
ANACS #5281801 1885 V NICKEL
ANACS #5281802 1912S V NICKEL CLEANED
ANACS #5279711 1921 STANDING LIBERTY QUARTER VF
ANACS # 5189953 1909S INDIAN CENT
SEGS 1914/3 BUFFALO NICKEL
SEGS 1914D BUFFALO NICKEL F
SEGS 1856 LG DATE SEATED LIBERTY DIME
ANACS 1909S INDIAN CENT
ANACS 1922 NO D LINCOLN VF
ANACS 1916D DIME BENT VG
ICG 1952 S FRANKLIN HALF AU 58
Thank you in advance for taking time to check incoming stock to see if we can catch these guys.
If you run across anything you think is on my list please contact me a 540-465- 3952 or 540-335-
1072, or Monroeville police officer DeFelice at 412-317- 5003.